2015 is going to bring new exciting things to bobwilson123, first up is a CAL
This will be a secret CAL - HOW EXCITING - you will know what you are making but the links will be secret and only those with the link will be able to access the video tutorial ! If you prefer, a written pattern (see below) will also be available and this will also be released over the 5 weeks
The CAL will last 5 weeks and each installment will be available on Monday morning 8 am Australian Eastern Daylight saving time. There is no need to sign up to the CAL - just tune in every Monday (or Sunday night in some parts of the world :) ) You can use this time converter to see what time it will be released in your part of the world - My time is Sydney time
GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES !!
Side note: You can make your project any color you want,
If you want to make the full size rug 120 cm / 48 inches you will need
Here is a conversion chart if you unable to get Red Heart Super Saver http://www.crochet-knit.com/yarn_conversion.html
I used 7 different colors of yarn, but you can use as many as you like and this project will make a awesome stash buster !
- I used - 1 x each (worsted / aran / 10 ply, (7 oz / 200 grams, 364 yards/333 meters) Red Heart Super Saver yarn (I did not use the whole skein but better to be on the safe side) in the following colors
- Crochet hook - I normally use a 5.00 mm / H hook because I have loose tension. If you normally use a 5.5 mm / I hook then go with that :)
- Stitch markers - these are optional. The pattern has quite a few increases in some of the rounds, I was watching TV whilst making my project and I kept forgetting to increase HAHAHA So I used the stitch markers and placed one where a increase will go so that when I came to the increase i wouldn't forget :)
If you have a question, leave it under the coordinating video
Can I use DK or 8ply yarn ?
I will be honest with you - I have not made this pattern with the this yarn - use the hook recommended by the yarn label, remember the rules
- if it curls go straight to the next increase round (you may need to pull out the non increase round if it curls to much (non increase round is round 7 in the pattern)
- If it wont stop curling use a bigger hook
Can i add a chain 1 in between the shells to stop it form curling?
I have not done this myself but you can try it and it should help stop the curling - it may cause it to ruffle- if this happens add a round of shell in each space
Can I use different colours than what you used in the video ?
Yes :) Be as creative as you want
How do I make it bigger ?
Mary S was the first to ask and this is the advice I gave her
I haven't tried it myself but that is how I would do it if i was going to
Your last increase round is ....round 36 - shell into the next 5 spaces inc into the next
You could try following the increase sequence and go back to round 11 and - shell into the next 6 shells, increase into the next Then follow the instructions from there..
I just wanted you to know I'm up to row 50 and it is working out as you said! I'm doing an increase row every 5th row (shell in next 6, 7, 8 and so on) and 4 rows of round 7 (no increases) in between
Each week the links below will be updated with the new video
Week 1 - Monday 16th February
- How to crochet a rug / blanket Part 1 - rounds 1 - 10
Week 2 - Monday 23rd February
- How to crochet a rug / blanket Part 2 - rounds 11 - 21
Week 3 - Monday 2nd March
- How to crochet a rug / blanket Part 3 - rounds 22 - 30
Week 4 - Monday 9th March
- How to crochet a rug / blanket Part 4 - rounds 31 - 39
Week 5 - Monday 16th March Part 5, 6 and 7
Edging option 1
Edging Option 2
How to block your work
The free written pattern will be updated each week with the next part of the pattern, so don't email me half way through the CAL and tell me there are bits missing from the pattern, I know there is and this is why its called a CAL :)
The free written pattern will be available when the CAL starts :) Be patient my pretties
I hope you as excited to start this CAL as I was to put it together